This site endeavours to collect together theological material of practical import to Christians where, in many cases, the material is not readily available on-line or in print.
During the lock-down period and now when meeting together is difficult, listening to sermons on-line has been a huge blessing to many. Some are listening to expository, biblical, sermons for the first time. Here are 300 or so sermons in MP3 format for you to listen to at home. There are also some MP4 format videos to download. The sermons were mainly preached in or near Liss (Hampshire), Lee Mill (Devon) or Ashford (Middlesex), UK.
New Books available from Amazon
The Songs of Ascents and Eight Last Davidic Psalms - Bible Studies in Psalms 120-145 (2019)
It has become popular for churches to study some psalms over the summer. However, the 26 later psalms, 120 to 145, rarely get covered, so this book endeavours to provide pre-digested Bible studies that anyone with a little Bible knowledge can lead with confidence. The songs of ascents are mainly short psalms, but contain a wealth of wisdom, theology and worship. The eight last Davidic psalms are also made thoroughly accessible. The agonising Psalm 137, 'By the waters of Babylon', is also included. Each study should take less than an hour unless the group is too large or chatty! The studies are God-centred and 'applied' to make sure that the group members understand, worship and grow in their faith-lives.
The normal paperback version is available from here, and is posted very quickly.
A kindle version is available from here, which I think is dirt cheap; every member of a Bible study small group can have one 😁.
Here is the table of contents to whet your appetite:
1. Psalm 120 - A Cry of Distress 3
2. Psalm 121 - Speaking to One Another... 4
3. Psalm 122 - Church Peace 7
4. Psalm 123 - Humble Prayer 8
5. Psalm 124 - What Might Have Been 10
6. Psalm 125 - Two Kingdoms, Two Destinies 12
7. Psalm 126 - Then and Now 14
8. Psalm 127 - God the Builder 16
9. Psalm 128 - Blessing Your Family, Church and Humanity 18
10. Psalm 129 - The Alternative to Receiving God's Blessing 20
11. Psalm 130 - True Fear of God 23
12. Psalm 131 - Mind Your Own Business 25
13. Psalm 132 - In the Name of David's Greater Son 26
14. Psalm 133 - Precious Unity 29
15. Psalm 134 - 24/7 Worship: Mystic Sweet Communion 33
16. Psalm 135 - You Can Only Trust Him If You Can Praise Him! 36
17. Psalm 136 - A Big Thank You 38
18. Psalm 137 - Praying for Enemies 41
19. Psalm 138 - God's Goodness to the Lowly 43
20. Psalm 139 - The Omni-God 46
21. Psalm 140 - The Just God 49
22. Psalm 141 - Lead me not into Temptation 52
23. Psalm 142 - A Cave Prayer 56
24. Psalm 143 - Meditation and Prayer 59
25. Psalm 144 - Part Your Heavens, LORD 62
26. Psalm 145 - The ABC of Praise
This is actually a completely serious book, albeit one written in a style that is appropriate for a book about humour! Hence the John McEnro look-alike on the cover, with his famous outburst as the subtitle, "You canNOT be Serious!" If we fail to spot the humour in the Bible we will misunderstand it, misinterpret it, and misapply it; that is, we will do the wrong thing. So this book helps us to tune in to biblical humour so that we can understand the Bible properly when it is being humorous. But beware: Biblical humour if often unlike our own humour and, furthermore, when the Bible is humourous it is often at its MOST serious. Although not exhaustive, this book covers the whole Bible.
The kindle version is available from here, which I think is dirt cheap.
The normal paper version is also available from here.
Here is some of the table of contents to whet your appetite:
2. Humour in the Pentateuch
7. Humour in the Apocrypha (included by way of contrast!)
Many Evangelical Christians will benefit from having a better, more detailed, and applied understanding of biblical covenant theology. God's covenants affect you, your family, and ultimately everybody. But making the connection between scripture and actual day-to-day Christian living needs popular wrong ideas to be challenged, a logical explanation of a biblical covenant theology, and helpful advice on how to trust and obey God's covenants in the Bible in 21st Century.
The kindle version is available from here.
The black and white version is also available from here VERY cheaply!
The full colour, larger print, version is available from here.
Here is the table of contents to whet your appetite:
Part I The Argument
2. New 'T-Total' Christians
3. What is a Covenant?
4. Are the Old and New Covenants the same as the Old and New Testaments?
5. How Not to Do Covenant Theology
6. How Many Covenants Are There?
6.1 God's Covenant with Creation
6.2 God's Covenant with Abraham
6.3 God's Covenant with David
Excursus on the Chronology of the Davidic Covenant
7. How Long Does it Take to 'Cut' a Covenant?
8. Are God's Covenants Everlasting?
9. How Do We Know Which Covenants Apply to Us?
10. All Five Covenants Feature a Fall, Judgement and Salvation
Excursus on The Meaning and Mode of Christian Baptism
11. Must we keep the Ten Commandments?
12. What are the Covenant Signs and Seals?
13. With Whom does God Make Covenants?
Excursus on The Subjects of Christian Baptism
Excursus on the Purpose of 'Paidobaptism'
14. What is Church?
15. Is Covenant Theology Christ-centred?
16. 'Faith' - The Right Response to God's Covenants
Part II The Application
17. Problems Solved by Covenant Theology
17.1 The Sabbath
17.3 Subjects of Baptism
17.4 Church Membership
17.5 Teaching Your Children to Pray
17.6 Infant Death and Salvation
17.7 Sunday School
17.9 Reversing National Spiritual Decline
17.10 The Language of Evangelism
17.12 Health, Wealth and Prosperity
This site endeavours to collect together theological material of practical import to Christians
in cases where that material is not readily available on-line or in print.
Bible Study Ideas
Links to Other People's Stuff
Harry's Story Web Site
Susan Legg Piano Accompanist
Viv Rees Professional Piano Accompanist
Gerald Yuen (thousands of useful links)
David Anderson's witty parable about the rumour that Richard Dawkins actually exists.